Our aim is for children to experience the excitement and joy of performing music in various ways, including singing and playing an instrument.
We encourage them to share their developing expertise with parents and friends, both in school and the Community.
They will all be given opportunities to:
- Acquire a basic knowledge of the elements of music in such things as rhythm, melody and harmony
- Read music to varying degrees
- Listen to many different kinds of music
- Make simple judgements about the music they hear or play based on their growing knowledge
- Respond to music using their knowledge and skills to improve their own performance
- Perform in school concerts and music festivals
From Year 2 recorder tuition is available in school and through the peripatetic music service children can learn to play guitar, violin, woodwind, cello, drums, keyboard, brass and vocal training. We have a thriving school orchestra where children play a variety of instruments.